Top 4 Countries with Post Study Employment for International Students (UNITED KINGDOM)

Spread the love

It is no longer news that for international students looking to study abroad, post-graduation employment benefits is a deal-breaker and remains one of the most important factors to be considered when deciding where to study. Not only do international graduates gain invaluable work experience, but they may also be able to repay student loans and build an extended community of friends and colleagues abroad. The good news is, Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States all offer excellent post-study work opportunities for international students.

It is on this note that we will be discussing the topic “Post-Study Employment for International Students Studying in the UK, Canada, Australia, and the US”. In this series, we will be taking a cursory look into the various employment options available to international students across these four study abroad destinations taking it one after the other.

United Kingdom: Graduate Immigration Route
Length: 2 Years or 3 Years (PhD Graduate)

Home to the world’s oldest English-speaking universities, the United Kingdom attracts more than 500,000 international students annually-and many are eager to stay after graduating! With that in mind, applications for the UK’s two-year post-study work visa have been opened since July 1, 2021. Known as the Graduate Immigration Route, international students graduating in summer 2021 will be the first group eligible to take advantage of it.

You will be eligible for the UK’s Graduate Immigration Route if you:
• Earned a degree at the undergraduate level or above at a qualifying UK Higher Education Provider in summer 2021 or later,
• Have a track record of compliance, and
• Have a valid student visa when you submit your application.

Unfortunately, you will not be eligible if you graduate and your student visa expires prior to the introduction of the Graduate Immigration Route.

If you are approved for the Graduation Immigration Route, you can continue to live in the UK and work (or search for work) at any skill level for up to two years. If you are a Ph.D. graduate, you can remain in the UK and work for up to three years.

How beautiful it is to know and be forearmed? Nothing beats that sincerely. Again, I say your dream of studying and working in the United Kingdom is still valid. Remain connected and live your 21st-century dreams.

Cheers to living your dreams.

For more questions or consultations, MyAdmissionLink remains your best plug!

Reach out to us on:
Tel/Whatsapp: 09075819985

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *